|生産者||ブルーマウンテン ヴィンヤード アンド セラーズ|
|生産地||ブリティッシュコロンビア州 オカナガン ヴァレー|
・ アルコール : 12.5%
・ MLF : 100%
・ クローン : 113,114,115,375,667
|Producer||Blue Mountain Vineyard and Cellars|
|Location||Okanagan Valley, British Columbia|
|Type||Red, Medium Body|
-Grown on 9 to 31 year old vines - Manual thinning is practiced in the vineyard to reduce the crop yield and produce a more concentrated and higher quality grape
- 2015 vintage commenced August 13th and was completed by September 10th
- Pinot Noir was harvested between September 1st and 8th.
- Grapes were de-stemmed and placed into open-top fermentation tanks.
- During the 16-20 days maceration period, light pump-overs were practiced, with 'pigcage'occurring 1- 2 times daily during the peak of fermenation
- At the end of fermentation, the wine was drained to tank and the remairing pomace was pressed.
- Wine was settled for 2-3 days and decanted to French oak barrrels
- Malolactic fermentation (the natural process of coverting malic acid to CO2 and lactic acid by bacteria), occured in spring 2016.
- Pinot Noir was racked and the fine lees retained to allow for continued ageing. This year 100% of the vintage was fermented with wild yeast nauve to the vineyard, in order to better express the terroir of our estate
Light garnet colour with red and black fruit. Vanilla and toast complement casis, herbs and black cherry flavours, and spicy, velvety tannins fill out the 2015 Pinoc Noir. Its balanced structure will allow the wine to age for 6 co 7 years.
90 points, Anthony Gismondi, Gismondi on Wine
“Cured pork, light smoke and tobacco season some serious black raspberry, cherry, flecked with thorns. The attack is earthy with hints of celery and a fine peppery grip that frames wine from front to back. Despite the warm year and the darker, more flush, duskier fruit, the wine remains gentle, light and finessed. Hold until 2019 then drink through 2026. From the home vineyard with vines (113, 114, 115, 375, 667 and 777) ranging from 9-31 years in age, it was destemmed before a native ferment, the first 100 percent wild ferment in tank, for 20 days, before pressing into French oak where it rested until the following summer.”
90 points, John Schreiner
“This wine, made with six clones of Pinot Noir from mature vines, has been aged 16 months in French oak (ranging from new barrels to three-year-old barrels). The wine begins with aromas of cherry and toasty oak. On the generous palate, there are flavours of cherry, cassis, vanilla and toasty oak, with spicy notes on the finish. The richness of flavour reflects the hot 2015 vintage but the moderate alcohol, just 12.5%, tells us that the Mavety family took pains to pick early to retain freshness and acidity.”
- Alcohol Level: 12.5%
- MLF: 100%
- Clones: 113,114,115,375,667